Founded in 1957 by Bonnie and Woodrow White. Started out as an 18 lane center, and public demand quickly inspired expansion! Added 10 lanes and a Lounge in 1958, 14 more lanes in 1976 to become 42 lane full service bowling center.
Bonwood has always maintained a balance of organized bowling (leagues, tournaments, etc.) and walk-in customers. Bonwood accommodates 50 leagues (the most in the state) and many U.S.B.A. And G.S.L.B.A. Events, including the annual "Bowl For The Cure FUNdraiser which has raised over $300,000. to fight breast cancer over the years.